Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My First Prince, Leroy


Knowing how difficult it is to conceive and carry a baby to full term, we started early after Steffi was born.  Luckily for us, it was smooth going this time round and Leroy was born on 27 Oct 2009.  I knew I wanted more kids, and was secretly hoping for another girl first and I can still vividly recall my wife asking me why I look so down when the radiologist marked "XY" on the screen.

Anyway my mother-in-law was overjoyed.  It is the first baby boy in the family after all, and I guess she had always wanted to take care of a baby boy after all these years, as she only had four daughters herself.  I had also accepted the fact that it all good ("好") in the Teo family. 

Having being born in the year of the Ox, I am beginning to feel that Leroy's characteristics really resembled that of his zodiac sign.  He is often stubborn and likes to do things his own way (such as never looking at the camera when asked to take photo or making faces when asked to smile).  However, it is weird that while Steffi is always raring to try out new adventures, Leroy on the other hand is always apprehensive and even scared on most occasions.  Hopefully he overcomes all this when he grows older!

No comments :

Post a Comment