Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Steffi, My First Born


This is one of the first few photographs I have of my first bundle of joy, Steffi!  She was born on 05 Mar 2008 and time passes by so fast that she seemed to turn 6 in an instant.  This year, I will have to worry about registering her for primary school already.  Being the first born, I had definitely gone through a lot of "first times" with her.  

Many friends often complain and say that I am biased towards her, to the extend that I start to think that it is true too.  But I have to say that there is no way I can treat all my kids EXACTLY the same.  The kids demand different type of attention due to their maturity levels as well as their characters.   

It's true when they say that when you have kids, you no longer live for yourself.  It was one particular night in May 2011, at the age of 3, that Steffi came up to me while I was on the way out of the house to smoke, looked me in the eyes and said, "Papa if you smoke too much, you will die, then we cannot be together."  With those words, she did what my wife tried unsuccessfully for more than 10 years, getting me to quit smoking.  

She has always been sensitive and always knows it when I am feeling down.  She would always comfort me when she sees me acting "abnormally" and would ask me what's wrong.  I guess that must be the reason why she is daddy's girl!


1 comment :