Saturday, March 15, 2014

Short Weekend Getaway to Malacca


My company's staff recreation club recently organized a 2-day trip to Malacca last weekend and I asked my wife if she would like to go together with Steffi and Leroy in tow and she agreed readily.  This was despite her being 33 weeks pregnant!  She had always been strong so I didn't really think much of it until I heard all my colleagues say that she seems incredibly comfy even at this advanced stage of pregnancy and can still walk around with the rest of the people.  She definitely earned my respect and the title of Superwife and Supermom!


We were lucky that colleagues were accommodating to the kids' ruckus on board the coach when I think they would probably have wanted to catch a few winks instead.  Special thanks to the temporary guardian Uncle John who offered help with carrying the kids when they were tired and also for keeping an eye on them while on the road or boat.


The draw of Malacca must be the heritage buildings and of course the food (think suckling pig and satay celup!).  We only stayed one night in Hatten Hotel Melaka but the kids were simply awed by the spaciousness of the hotel room and basically ran amok!  


The hotel is in a great central location surrounding by shopping malls, walkable to Jonker street (by our standard) and the room was awesome (only short of a bathtub)!  We know that we would not mind coming back a second time!


The kids definitely enjoyed themselves and it was not because of the itinerary but because of the company.  In fact, I believe all of the us enjoyed the trip too and the family is definitely looking forward to more such trip in the near future!  By the way, Stacci wasn't being left at home.  She went "overseas" with my MIL and SIL to Batam as well!

No comments :

Post a Comment