Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Aesop’s Fables by I Theatres

[Media Invite]

The English proficiencies of my kids are rather horrendous to say the least, and it was all due to my fault for I never really bothered with phonics. We conversed mainly in Mandarin and our weekends were only about bringing them out to fun places to play. I thought that once they are in school, they will be able to catch up on their English. Now that Steffi is in primary one, I realized that it wasn't THAT easy, as I find her grappling with “difficult” English words, even in her Math assessment books. For now, I try to expose the kids to more English, be it TV programs or shows.

They were looking forward to watching the "animals" in action!
So when we were invited to watch the Aesop’s Fables by I Theatres, I decided that I MUST bring them there despite having two other engagements earlier on the same day and that I have to bring all 3 of them on my own! They were so looking forward to seeing all the animals in the publicity materials come to life! But they were a little confused when the show started, for there were no animals in sight but only 5 performers in costume throughout and they had use their own imagination. That's the beauty of watching a play isn't it?

Kiddos getting up on stage to take photos with the 5 talented performers!
Some of the fables featured in the 50mins play included the all-time favorites such as The Jay and The Peacock, The Lion and The Mouse, as well as The Goose Who Laid Golden Eggs. The presentation was really nice, transition of stories seamless and I myself enjoyed the songs and humorous acting as well. There was even engagement of the little ones to help out in one of the stories. However the show would have been so much more enjoyable for my kiddos if their English were better, and if they are able to catch the meaning of the lyrics without having me explain everything all over again in Mandarin. Overall the kids enjoyed the colorful set and playful acting and we shall be looking forward to our next play! 

Useful Information 

Duration: Thu, 26 Feb - Sat, 21 Mar 2015
Venue: Jubilee Hall, Raffles Hotel
Ticket Price: $30, $32 (Book online via SISTIC Website)

No comments :

Post a Comment