Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Operation Chromite Review

[Media Invite]

The theme for most, if not all war movies, would revolve round love (for the family and country) as well as courage, bravery and self-sacrifice. This movie is no exception.



There was obvious language barrier since I hardly understood Korean, but the movie didn't fail to bring me on a roller-coaster ride of emotions, ranging from fear, anger, sadness and to hope. Despite knowing that it was a suicide mission from the start, I was still holding on the little glimmer of hope till the very last moment, that somehow things might turn out a little differently.

Being a father to young kids and also a son myself, I can totally feel the emotions going through the characters as they bade their loved ones goodbye. The feeling was so intense, I would probably have cried if I was alone. Wait, I think I did shed some tears.

It is action-packed but without the excessive exaggerations, and there was never a dull moment. I am not even obligated to write this review but since it managed to tug at my heartstrings, I thought it would be good for me to let you know that this is indeed another movie worth paying money to watch.

Sorry if you ended up reading this review only to know zilch about the storyline. This is because I merely wanted share with you know how I felt about the movie and reckoned that you can just do a simple online search if you really wanted to know the full story. Besides, I went not knowing what to expect but I still came home satisfied. Thanks to sister CK Chai from Puzzle Of Life 谜图人生 for the invite! Oh, I think the lead actor looked rather like Jet Lee. Same surname some more.

No comments :

Post a Comment