Monday, October 10, 2016

Jeeves and Wooster in Perfect Nonsense

[Media Invite]

Caught the Gala Premiere of Jeeves and Wooster in Perfect Nonsense a couple of days back at the grand dame, Capitol Theatre. I still remember going to the old theatre for movies back when I was just a small boy and it was still as grand as I remembered it to be.


The nonsensical storyline revolved round English gentlemen Bettie Woosters (Matthew Carter), his manservant Jeeves (Joseph Chance) and Seppings the Butler (Robert Goodale). Just watching the latter two play ALL the other characters in the show was hilarious enough for me. I cannot imagine the amount of energy required to keep them going throughout their tour! 


A very lively and entertaining slapstick comedy put up by just the 3 performers. Not to mention the clever use of the sets. Although I must say, I probably missed out half the jokes because of the heavy accent. Go watch if you are into British comedy!

Useful Information

Performance Times (now till 16 Oct 2016):
Tuesday - Friday 7.30pm
Saturday: 2:30pm and 7.30pm
Sunday: 7:30pm

Book your tickets at www.sistic.com.sg.

No comments :

Post a Comment