Friday, November 4, 2016

Soul Mate <七月与安生> Review

[Movie Invite]

The romantic story of the friendship between a vivacious, fun-loving and crazy girl Ansen, and her beautiful studious childhood friend July. But as luck has it, the pair of intimate friends ended up falling for the same guy, Jiaming. 



Scenes of how the pair of friends supposedly lived out their lives was played out as the story unfolded as an online novel written by July but narrated by Ansen. But one will soon find out that it wasn't as simple as that.

In all honesty, I had never heard of the director (Derek Tsang) or the actresses (Zhou Dongyu and Ma Sichuan) till last night but I thought their acting and character portrayal were excellent. They would have easily drawn some tears, and I also loved how the storyline slowly unfolded with little throwbacks revealed more of the characters of the girls.

Director Mr Derek Tsang graced the Gala Premiere on 03 Nov 2016 at Golden Village Vivocity.
To hear that the movie received 7 nominations in the 2016 Golden Horse Awards just before watching, surely raised my expectations for the movie a fair bit, and I was glad I wasn't disappointed. And the ending made me wonder if the story could have turned out any other way, or simply, not the way I thought it had actually ended.


This is a story about friendship and love, how life deals everyone a different set of cards, and that some things just cannot be shared. A nice show to watch with your besties I would say. Thank you for the invite Clover Films

No comments :

Post a Comment